Centre for Initiative against Human Trafficking (CIAHT) is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) located in Ghana. Its main office is sited in Tamale, the Northern Regional Capital.
It was founded in 2003 and received certification from the Registrar General Department and Department of Social Welfare in 2004, with its registration numbers as G.13, 706 and DSW2377 respectfully.
CIAHT is a community based health, education, agriculture and human right advocacy organization, working in deprived communities in the Northern Region. The organization was established primarily to promote and empower the most poorly/ marginalized and vulnerable groups of people- especially women and children, basically to improve their standard of living
VALUES AND BELIEVES
- Trust, transparency, respect and accountability.
- Sharing, coordinating and collaborating
- The inclusion of the most marginalized women, children and disabled in all spheres of life through formal education.
- Nurturing learning to effect positive change through innovative and creativity.
- Envisage seeing freedom and justice prevailing among all classes of persons in society.
- A complete stop of all forms of early and forced marriage and human trafficking as well as domestic human rights violations in society.
- A sustainable and diversified livelihood base upon which their capacity to drive change on their own terms is secured.
CIAHT, exist to work together with partners, stakeholders, religious bodies and communities in order to increase their ability to address the problem of Promoting formal education, fundamental human rights ,Socioeconomic opportunities of deprive people- especially young youth, children and women.
Range of Activities:
Our work is divided into four programmes:
- Public Advocacy on human rights violations
- Health education (maternal)
- Education (scholarship for the needy)
We consider cooperation as necessary tool for development processes. Therefore, we maintain partnerships with different stakeholders, being aware of the importance of every single pillar: local communities, authorities, other organizations and individuals at national and international level.
Cooperation/Membership at National Level:
- Girls not bride Ghana
- Missionary for Africa Our Ladies
- Hope for Children (HFC)
- Union Society for the Propagation of Gospel (USPG)